Do you have what it takes to outlast all others? The required endurance? The will to overcome discomfort? The stubborn persistence?
Join us for the first running of the Last One Standing Ultra Run, brought to you by Blue Ox Running and hosted by CORBA’s Red Flint Firecracker Fest!
The rules are simple:
- We provide an awesome 4.1666 mile course through the single-track trails of Lowes Creek County Park. Why 4.1666 miles? Because it comes to an even 100 miles at 24 hours (24 loops), while allowing for a pace that can accommodate a wide range of runners. This is a race where the fastest runners have little advantage over the most stubborn.
- The first start is at 8:00 AM on Friday, June 26.
- Runners will run the course at whatever pace is comfortable, as long as they are back at the starting line for the next start at 9:00 AM. The time between the finish of a loop and getting to the start line for the next loop is used at the runners’ discretion…sleep, eat, read a book, sing karaoke…just be sure to be at the start line on time!
- Subsequent starts will be on the hour, every hour, until no one shows up at the starting line.
- The winner is the person that completes the most loops.
There are two options to choose from:
- Last One Standing Full. The go for it all option. This is the true Last One Standing race…start at 8:00 AM on Friday and continue as long as you can.
- Last One Standing 50. The 50 mile challenge. This is for those who would like to join in on this race format, but have a set goal of 50 miles to achieve. This race starts at 8:00 AM on Saturday, June 27, and continues to 8:00 PM (the last loop will start at 7:00 PM to make it 12 loops and 50 miles).
- Last One Standing Full
June 26, 2020 - June 28, 2020
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Last One Standing 50
June 27, 2020
8:00 am - 8:00 pm